Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Living in MO

1. Back To Top    #1

Living in MO

Hey folks,

Living near Lake of the Ozarks in MO and finding some useful info on here to reference during set up of my new Intex 26x52 round pool. Look forward to reviewing more of the great information on here.

DJ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Living in MO

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome!

A link to my build is in my signature. Leveling the ground and pavers was the hardest part!
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

I think PAGirl meant it was the FUNNEST part!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

I think PAGirl meant it was the FUNNEST part!
    Of course, ha ha. Getting 3 pavers set then stopping for rain was a blast!

My other best advice.... Don't rush the ground prep. Doing it right the first time is much better than hurrying and having to redo it. If you can upgrade to a sand pump it helps, though I have seen a few say they did fine with the bigger filter pump that comes with the 26'. I'm not a big fan of the dual inlets, but it's a safety precaution.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks everyone. Know just what you mean PAGirl it has rained on and off for a couple weeks. Leveling is almost complete with the pavers and more sand to finish bringing it all to grade tomorrow. Still going back and forth on adding foam board under the pool. I have seen it mentioned and where others have done this. Do you all have any recommendations for doing it or not and size of foam board if I do go with it. Looking at maybe just a minimum 1/4" to keep any larger sand or gravel working up through to the liner. Only other thing I am waiting on is another horizontal beam. We had one bend hen we were putting the top ring together to place the pavers. May just try to straighten it out. If I do I am hoping to start filling by end of the week. I did get the Intex 3000 GPH Pump/ Sand Filter and also the Intex SWG kit. probably not going to hard plumb for now, but will in the future. Any other good advice before we start to fill and open it up is welcome.
    INTEX 26' x 52"' Ultra Frame AG / INTEX Crystal Clear 3000 GPH Sand Filter Pump and INTEX SWG