Proper connections

May 31, 2016
Monaca Pennsylvania
a8c1213e821a90853cf730d9411adec2.jpg

Good evening!
I need to know if my connections are right. If not, a pic of proper connection would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So it appears you go skimmer to pump to filter to Nature II.

So that would be correct.

Whats leaking why is every thing so wet?

Finally as a former Nature II owner I would get rid of it. No matter what they tell you its essentially a fancy tab feeder. Those all CYA to your pool ever time. So eventually you need to drain (unless you live in Orlando).

We recommend liquid chlorine or a SWG. I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

It will help you better understand whats going on with your pool.

Yes, proper water flow is pump, filter, swg, pool. Mineral sanitizers add metal to your water which will build up and eventually stain the pool, water, hair, fingernails, dogs all green. Look around here and you will find lots of people spending lots of time and money trying to get copper out of their pools. And copper will not sanitize your water by killing bacteria and viruses to prevent person to person disease transmission. To do that you must have chlorine in the pool. And the chlorine will also kill the algae so there is really no point in adding the copper to your pool.

More here, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

Yes, proper water flow is pump, filter, swg, pool. Mineral sanitizers add metal to your water which will build up and eventually stain the pool, water, hair, fingernails, dogs all green. Look around here and you will find lots of people spending lots of time and money trying to get copper out of their pools. And copper will not sanitize your water by killing bacteria and viruses to prevent person to person disease transmission. To do that you must have chlorine in the pool. And the chlorine will also kill the algae so there is really no point in adding the copper to your pool.

More here, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!
Thanks!
We've been told by a friend who worked for Pool City for years that straight liquid bleach is the best way to go.
Our water is green at this time and it's 24,000 gallons so I'm not sure how to get it back to clear.

Patrick, you have a couple things hurting your water right now ... that mineral system is probably adding metals to your water which can change its color, and I don't see one of the recommended test kits listed in your signature (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C). So two things I would recommend right away before we can really proceed with clarity are:
1 - Remove the mineral system products right away to stop adding metal to the water
2 - Obtain a TF-100 (XL Option w/ Speed Stir) or Taylor K-2006 test kit.

Add nothing else to your water (no pool store products) other than about 1/2 gallon of regular (plain) bleach each evening. We need those test results though. :)

I doubt it. While the accuracy of your gauge is important to monitor filter pressure and when to backwash, it has nothing to do with the chemical balance of your pool. That's all on the proper test kit as noted above. Hopefully you will have a TF-100 test kit soon so you know for sure the condition of your water. That's #1.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just an FYI....
Still waiting on the freakin' test kit! Called today and they said it hadn't even been shipped yet! Told them it better be free now since I ordered it on JUNE 5TH!!!
I will let you know when it arrives.
Thanks!

Ordered it from pool supply world and it just came today!
Ordered it JUNE 5TH!!!
So, now that summer is half over, I'm ready to figure out what is going on with my water! Most of the "swamp" green color is gone but still cloudy.
I'm ready for any and all instructions on where to start.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.