What automatic pool cleaner would you recommend for a AG 24'

I've never had good luck with suction cleaners. I've had several different cleaners , from the kreepy krawly, to the pool rover and aquabot turbo T...I THINK I've tried them all. My favorite, and most powerful cleaner, I have used is the Maytronics Dolphin. I truly believe with a pool cleaner, you "get what you pay for"..they are expensive..but they keep my 33' diameter AGP spotless.

My two pennies

Thanks Jkeo. I am leaning towards the Lil shark. Also considering the aqua bug or diver dave. Anyone have experience with both? I wonder which would be best in a pool with steps (not ladder)? Do they get stuck at the steps? How about maintenance on the cleaner would one be cheaper to maintain?

I have diver dave. He does an ok job but he tends to only do certain sides of the pool and he gets pushed around alot by the jet. I am going to replace him this year. Flyweed is right you definitely get what you pay for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would say any of the dolphin robotic cleaners would be a good choice. I would just read all of the reviews and make the choice that makes the most sense. I looked at getting the e-10. I also have a 24' AGP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have the Dolphin Diagnostic..and will personally recommend that to anyone. My best friend has the Dolphin Swift for his 27ft AGP and LOVES it as well. I got the Diagnostic as our pool is large at 33ft diameter..and I love that it climbs the walls for cleaning too. It works great.

I'm using the Rover Jr. and like it. I does a good job. Only setback being it does need to be watched, it on occasions will get sideways on the round pool wall and just go back and forth following the curve of the pool.

Robot is the way to go. I don't care for cleaning filters and if your running something suction side that has to be a pain in the butt. What comes out of the Rovers collection bag is a nasty and a huge amount of waste, you don't want that load in your filter.

Cheap robots are about $200 more than the cheap suction cleaners, but much less filter cleaning. If you don't do a robot, maybe do a return side cleaner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.