Just my luck during the partial drain

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
I drained up to 6" yesterday, so when I got home, I started draining again. Now granted, the whole time driving home from work, I was trying to beat the storms that were rolling through the dallas area. No sooner then I started draining, the flood gates opened, and now my pool is back up 3" in just 45 minutes. The rain was so hard, the water from the porch almost came into the house. They are calling for heavy rain through Saturday, so this drain is going to take a very longggg time...Don't worry, its still draining..

well im down 13" from 47" on the partial drain...I have to keep stopping it, for no one at home to watch it, for im still terrified of ripping the liner, even though ppl say it will be ok...Heavy rain moving back in this afternoon..urggg...with the pump off for 3 days, im surprised the algae is very very minimum..

If all goes to plan, I should be able to start filling back up tomorrow...Been a very slow process due to all the heavy rain..Kinda curious of the amount ive drained, then rain filled, then kept draining etc etc.....if im actually at a point to start filling back now...Just wanting to make sure, so I don't have to re-drain..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you draining to lower CYA? Test it now to see where it is and what % full the pool is. I'll make my kids do some algebra to figure out where you'll end up. :)

Yes to lower my cya...Been draining for days, but stop when I go to bed, and while im at work..But these downpours in mesquite keeping adding a few inches after ive drained a few inches..lol...I have a ABG Vinyl pool, so I have to make sure I don't go past the 1/2 way mark...Don't want more issues than I already have...Ill test when I get home...

Definitely leave at least a foot of water in the shallow end to avoid issues with the vinyl liner shifting or shrinking.

Yes, the rain is outta control! But, I think the end is near! :crazy:

Well I have no shallow end..Its 4ft deep entire oval shape...I know ive drained over a foot, but then rain rises it back up, then I drain another 6", then rain fills back up...I know right now im at 3ft deep as of this morning...technically need another foot to drain, but a lot of the water now is rain water too..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.