Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Battery powered pool light

1. Back To Top    #1

Battery powered pool light

Hey tfp, am looking for a good pool light for my above ground pool. Don't like to mix electricity and water so was looking for rechargeable pool light.
    Saw this one
    SmartLite Rechargeable Underwater LED Light - Green Pool Products
    And this one ULTRA Floating Pool Light For Sale | Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast
    Or if anyone else has reccomendarions. Piol is 12x24 with 6 foot deep end. 3 foot shallow. Am skeptical of reviews as so many places stuff ballots nowadays .
    Above Ground Kayak Pool 12 x 24. 10,000 gallons.
    Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    sta-rite 27002-0100S filter
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Battery powered pool light

We have a couple of the rechargeable floating style lights like that, they work great for low level illumination in the pool when we have in pool movie nights
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Would you say they illuminate the bottom of the pool, or the entire pool for that matter

4. Back To Top    #4

Note that there are no statements as to how much light they put out.

Some people love these and some think they are a joke. Much depends on what you expect, the color of your pool (dark absorbs light), and why you need the light. Two 120 volt LEDs in my 37 ft long 20 ft wide pool don't produce that much light. But I expect more from them.

These are not going to make you say Oh Wow but then that may not be what you want or need.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

5. Back To Top    #5

I would say the lighting effect is comparable to a traditional 7 watt plug in night light
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~