Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Out of level and wonder how to move forward...

1. Back To Top    #1

DeSoto, KS

Out of level and wonder how to move forward...

Soooo... I just purchased my first pool. When we selected its location, I appeared mostly level. When we measured, it was about 2 inches out of level, so a half-hearted attempt to dig and level was made. However, when the pool was setup and filled, it's 5-6" out of level... I know I need to drain it and relevel, but:

1. I need a recommendation on finding a professional to do the ground work,

2. I'd like to save the water.... Is there any way to do this?
    Kelly, above ground Coleman: 18' X 48"

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Out of level and wonder how to move forward...

A landscaper could level the ground for you, or most any builder type. You can use the water to irrigate your yard by sinking a hose in the water, stick your thumb over the end, then drag that end out, hold it down to the ground, and let go (like a siphon). Can't think of any way to save it. Glad you're levelling the pool and welcome to TFP
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Out of level and wonder how to move forward...

Welcome to TFP

1. almost anyone that does yard work or landscape company, you can also rent a lawn sod cutting machine to dig down

2. The only way I know how to save the water is to transfer it to another pool

I hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **