Upgrading from Intex 1200 GPH Sand to 2800 GPH Sand - Anything I need to know?

sh9730

Apr 17, 2016
Casa Grande, AZ
Hi,

I had this question posted at the end of a somewhat different topic other thread, so since I took the plunge and upgraded pumps to solve a couple of issues, I now need to make sure that (other than additional sand) - there is nothing else I need to get to make this switch?

As my siggy says we have the 18x9x52 Intex with dual outlets? (I never can remember which is which!) to the pump and one outflow from the pump. Obviously there are only single connections to the pump itself, and the hoses tee off into the pool outlets.

Are the hoses going to connect without any adapters since they are both Intex pumps? Or do I need to get something else?

I have this coming two day (gotta love Amazon Prime) to me to have it in before our first 110+ days this weekend!

TIA for any input.

We upgraded from the 1500gph to the 2650 sand filter from the start. Plug and play. Ours worked amazing the first and second summer....by the third summer, the bearings went bad and the pump was really loud but it still operated like it should. This summer the pump was unbearably loud and the power switch finally failed. Intex told me I had to buy a new pump and wouldn't sell me a switch. I opened the control box and bypassed the power switch but the pump was so loud it almost hurts your ears t9 be near it. We ordered a new 3000gph from amazon and it will actually be at my house today. I don't expect there is much you can do to prolong the life of these cheap little pumps. My first one was ran for 24/7 the first week or two of the season and then it was only ran for 4 or 6 hours per day until it was put away in late fall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.