Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Unknown Residue Removal Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Unknown Residue Removal Help

My pool pump broke a while ago which caused my pools condition to take a dive. I replaced the pool pump and tried to restore it's health, but I still have one issue. As you can see here http://imgur.com/a/XBaAe , There is a residue that I am unable to remove from the pool surface. I have tried scrubbing to no avail. What would I need to do to remove this? Thanks for any help.

My pool levels from are available from the imgur link above.
    In ground pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Unknown Residue Removal Help

Hello and welcome to TFP! A stain like that could be scale, organic, or metal. Any chance you might have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 test kit to post some water results? In addition, try rubbing/holding a chlorine tab on the area. If that doesn't work, try some vitamin C tablets crushed in a sock and rub those in it. Let us know if either of those change the appearance of the stain.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi, Thanks for the speedy response! I do not have either test kit but will look into getting one. In the meantime, I will try testing with the tabs and let you know results!
    In ground pool

4. Back To Top    #4

I would suggest trying each of those in different areas of stain so that there is no chance to mis-read any response they give.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain