"No Flow" indicated on sensor, yet salinity and temp readings intact

May 31, 2016
West Grove, PA
Hey all...apologies if this has been covered previously. First-time poster, so hope I get the right details/information. We have a 3 year old pool, Anthony & Sylvan PB, that has a Jandy AquaPure SWG system with the Nature2 FusionSoft unit. The Jandy shows model# APUREM and the N2 is FSOTF1400.

Everything seems to be working when I look at the Jandy unit: I see the salinity and temp readings, along with chlorine production. However, "No Flow" is also indicated.

I've done several things already: backwashed, checked all skimmers and baskets and added salt (added it last week, as our temps finally went up enough to merit salt...levels were 1,600 before I added salt...now it's 3,200).

Hoping this isn't an issue requiring replacement of the sensor, as it's fairly expensive. Seems odd that it would be defective, yet still read salinity and temp. Is it possible that there is flow, but it's just not reading it for some reason? I hear water flow through the PVC piping going into/out of the N2 unit, and when I removed the black cover to inspect/clean the sensors, water spilled out (unit is uphill from pool).

Is this something that is reasonable to happen with a 3 year old pool, or is this something that perhaps should be covered under warranty?

Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Hello and welcome to TFP!

First off, ditch the Nature2. You don't want the metals it adds to your pool, nor the expense of the refills.

I'm not familiar first-hand with your SWG. Does it have a separate flow sensor or is it in the cell itself?

Until you get the SWG running, you need to use bleach to maintain the proper FC level. Can you post a full set of test results please?

RobbieH...thanks for the quick reply. We don't use the mineral cartridge...only the chlorine generating cell in the Nature2 unit. The other side is empty.

There is a separate flow, salinity, and temp sensor that attaches to a back port on the FusionSoft Nature2. This sensor then runs into the Jandy AquaPure box where the motherboard sits, and this sensor has a small daughterboard that connects via pins to the motherboard. I've tried pressing a tiny white button to reset the unit, but that hasn't worked.

Water test results:

FC: 2.8 ppm
Salt: 3,200 ppm
pH: 7.7
Alkalinity: 145 ppm
Hardness: 200 ppm
CNA: 35 ppm
No copper, iron or other metals present
Water temp: 84 degrees

The Jandy SWG is separate from the Nature2. But your post makes it sound like they are one in the same, so I'm confused.

Let's let someone more familiar with the Jandy SWG chime in. On mine, the flow sensor is easily removed and is cheap to replace.

We have the N2 FusionSoft vessel unit, which sits in between the heater and the filter. The Jandy AquaPure box is affixed to a wooden structure that also has the electrical panel and pool equipment on/off switch attached. They are two separate units, though if I understand correctly from our PB, the water flows through the N2 unit and the Jandy unit reads flow, salinity and temp.

Can't find a replacement sensor for the unit for less than $160. The model # for the part is R0452500, though this is a newer part than what we have. Sorry for the confusion.

I should add that I found a potential solution in a discussion thread on this website from quite some time ago. The primary suggestion was to press the reset button inside the main AquaPure panel, on the daughterboard that contains the flow, salinity and temp indicators. I've done this a few times, turning off the equipment, turning it back on, and waiting until the APure system completes startup and says "No Flow' before I press and hold the reset button. After about 15-20 seconds, the Flow light flashes once quickly, and then the system returns to "No Flow".

Wondering if it's possible that the system is actually working, but that there's a short for the flow sensor? Assuming this would be possible if the salt system was still producing sufficient levels of FC?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.