Options for replacing or refacing plastic coping set into concrete?

May 29, 2016
Madison, WI
My pool coping isn't in the greatest shape. I've already done some epoxy patching and used some SEM paint to try to rehab it a bit. Are there any better options short of tearing up all of the concrete? Maybe something thin that can go over the front of it?

Welcome to TFP :)

Could you upload a picture, it would help us.. is it something like this Repairs for Swimming Pools- Mt. Airy and Frederick MD - Professional Pool Service

I have been experimenting with rubber coating paint from dipyourcar.com

It has really turned out well (I think :))

This has been submerged in the water for 5 months now
FY7qXOdh.jpg

this is the first coat and then the last, the pipe was done last year
c9hFClEh.jpg

hpiEij3h.jpg

Thanks for the welcome; good to be here!

Here's a picture: http://puu.sh/pbVrY/89dd3980c7.JPG

You can't tell so much from the picture but up close in certain spots there are hairline cracks, etc. For now until I can find a better option I am just going to keep building up layers of elastomeric white paint.

I prepped it like I would any normal painting surface with a TSP substitute and then used a plastic primer. After that I used some of SEM's Marine spray paint. It's not all that cheap, though. I think one can was about $15 on Amazon. I have a gallon tub of elastomeric rubber roof paint which is basically the same stuff just not in aerosol form and it cost the same. Applying it with a brush or roller is a bit more work, though. I'm getting my liner replaced so I had a window to do some spraying without worrying about anything from the coping down. If the pool were up and running it would be a bit more complicated.

Vinyl Coatâ„¢ Products | SEM Products

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.