Too High of a Flow Rate For SWG?

Hi,
I recently had to get a new filter and pump for my pool... It's an 18x48 intex easy set, and I got a Hayward 220t sand filter and Hayward sp1515 pump... My question is, simply, is running a SWG at more than the recommended flow rate an issue? At best guess my system is around 3000-4500 gph(Pump rated for 3700-5400 depending on Feet of Head and filter is rated at 3200~ GPH)... Not sure exactly... My SWG is rated "recommended for pumps 700-3000 GPH"... Can I use this with my system?
Thanks for all the help,
Luke Robinette.

Welcome to TFP :)

I think you are trying to use an intex SWG with a real pump and filter, if that is the case it may or may not work and it is probably not for the reason your thinking..

It will create chlorine no matter what the flow is (unless it is below minimum), the limit on the intex SWG is the plastic itself, it may blow out any seals, it may explode the plastic or it may do nothing and be happy.. I have not seen anyone use it with a real pump but I am sure you are not the first person to try :)

I just got the pool salted, and haven't run the swg yet, but it has been hooked up and running on the system with no problems for about a week or so... Just curious... any idea what my GPH/GPM might be? Per other post:I found the guide for figuring out my GPM/GPH... But unfortunately I have no clue what it means... lol... So... Can someone please give me an estimate on my systems GPM/GPH rating? Hayward sp1515 pump, Hayward s220t sand filter, Intex SWG, 1 1/2 pipe (corrugated) 18 feet, One suction and one Output to pool... Best I can see is that the pump is about 90 GPM(old pump so can't find specs)... Hoping that one of you have seen this pump and can advise me on this... I have a SWG rated for 3000~ GPH and was wondering if it is going to be too high of a flow to use this or not...
Thanks for any help,
Luke Robinette.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.