stenner dosing?

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hey all, it's been a while since I ran my stenner dosing pump....so just wondering if you can give me some help again. I have a 33ft diameter AGP...25,000 gallons. I run my pump 12 hours a day..and would like to maintain my FC at about 4ppm.....Average bather load. not really heavy use. what "number" would be a good start to set the Stenner pump dial to??

Thanks for any input

Do you have the 10 or the 3 GPD tubing (I would change it regardless if you haven't used the pump for a while)? What strength chlorine? You have the variable speed pump. If you start with adding 2 ppm of FC/day that would be 51 oz of the 12.5%. The 10 GPD tubing will deliver 0.89 oz/hr and the 3 GPD 0.27 oz/hr. So, about 1 hr for the 10 GPD tubing or 3 hr 9 min for the 3 GPD (assuming you're running at full speed). If you're trying to dose for the time your pump is running, you'll need to dial back the variable speed thing or play with your pump run time.

Good luck.

Jay

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.