Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: stenner dosing?

1. Back To Top    #1

stenner dosing?

Hey all, it's been a while since I ran my stenner dosing pump....so just wondering if you can give me some help again. I have a 33ft diameter AGP...25,000 gallons. I run my pump 12 hours a day..and would like to maintain my FC at about 4ppm.....Average bather load. not really heavy use. what "number" would be a good start to set the Stenner pump dial to??

Thanks for any input
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: stenner dosing?

Do you have the 10 or the 3 GPD tubing (I would change it regardless if you haven't used the pump for a while)? What strength chlorine? You have the variable speed pump. If you start with adding 2 ppm of FC/day that would be 51 oz of the 12.5%. The 10 GPD tubing will deliver 0.89 oz/hr and the 3 GPD 0.27 oz/hr. So, about 1 hr for the 10 GPD tubing or 3 hr 9 min for the 3 GPD (assuming you're running at full speed). If you're trying to dose for the time your pump is running, you'll need to dial back the variable speed thing or play with your pump run time.

Good luck.

Jay
    Jay--Metro NYC
    35K gal, in-ground, free-form, pebble finish, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, autofill. No spa, no features. Partial shade.
    Pentair C&C cartridge filter (400 sq in), Pentair VS pump, Pentair 140 btu heat pump, Triton Plus Robo-cleaner; Stenner with 55 gal bleach cistern. TFT 100 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Jay

It hasn't ran in a year...so I have it apart right now and am cleaning it, and replacing the tubing..I am UNSURE if I have 10GPD or 3GPD tubing, is there a way to tell? My tubing just says #5....25psi
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

4. Back To Top    #4

What model number Stenner pump do you have? According to this STENNER TUBE CHART you can adjust it between 2.5 and 50.0 gallons per day.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

5. Back To Top    #5

my model is the 45m5 and is 25psi