I’ve been using Baquacil for several years so my knowledge of the water chemistry, etc…is lacking
When we took the cover off the pool this year, it was more green than previous years. Like others, last year the water was cloudier than previous years so I’ve decided to move on from Baquacil. I’ve been reading this article but just trying to retain everything http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...ol-to-chlorine
I just want to make sure I understand this correctly
1. I will increase my ph to 7.2-7.4
2. I have a 15,000 gallon pool. The calculator shows that I will need to add 468oz of household bleach (8.25%) to bring the FC from 0 to 15
3. Test it as frequently as possible and add whatever amount I need to get the FC back to 15
4. Once I lose 1ppm or less overnight, change my sand in my filter
I have a few questions though
1. I know it says to add X amount to get the FC back to 15 as frequently as possible. Can anyone give me a ballpark number of how fast it drops or how many days to convert so I know how much bleach to buy? For example, it’s basically telling me to start with about 5 jugs of bleach. Should I anticipate needing 5 jugs every hour to get back to 15 FC or 1 jug, etc…I just don’t know how fast that number will fall, how many days, etc…and want to make sure I have plenty on hand. I just don’t know if I’m going to need 10 jugs of bleach or 100
2. It says,“Your conversion is complete when CC's are 0.5 or less two days in a row” What does CC’s stand for?
3. Also, can someone point me to a good thread here that shows what chemicals I should be adding to maintain after the conversion is complete
Thanks for the help!