Ok, we just bought a house with an inground pool. It hadnt been opened in 2 years. (We're told) Pool looked like a swamp. Long story short, we had the water tested today and this is what our printout read: Free Available Chlorine 0.17 (low) Total Chlorine 0.17 (low) Combined Chlorine 0 (ok) pH level 7.9 (high) Total Alkalinity 73 (low) Calcium hardness 132 (low) Cyanuric Acid 5 (low) Copper 0.2 (high) Iron 0.2 (high) Manganese 0 (ok) Total dissolved solids 0 (ok) Saturation index 0.3 (balanced) I asked the lady at the pool store what I needed to do to get all the numbers into an acceptable range and in what order to do so. She said everything was fine despite what the printout said and that algae looked like our biggesr problem. She said to add 10 lbs of Shock and that everything should be fine. From what I've read, it sounds like those numbers DO need to be in an acceptable range. I dont have a fortune to spend on chemicals just to keep bouncing numbers around trying to balance everything. Not to mention that we have no clue as too what we're doing! Please help! I wanna get this pool ready and do it right! Thanks in advance!