Confused - Please Help! Variable Speed or Rebuilt Single Speed for 6000 gallon pool?

May 30, 2016
SCOTTSDALE AZ
Hi I currently have a rebuilt 1HP Jandy single speed motor (lasted 2 years) for my 6000 gallon in-ground pool and I need a new motor. My pool service man suggested a Pentair VS Intelliflo 2 pump to save money on energy but when calling a local pool pump company they said that with a 1hp motor that the energy savings wouldn't be much. The pool pump company suggested either a 1hp rebuilt motor or a new Emerson Ecotech VS motor (they said that I don't have to get a whole new pump, that I can get just a VS motor). Then another big chain store said that I don't want the Intelliflo 2 VS pump because it has a 3hp motor which is too big for my pool. I'm so confused... please help

Thank you.

Welcome to TFP!

You definitely do not need an Intelliflo.
If you want a VS Pump then I would suggest the Pentair VS superflo 1-1/2 hp, 342001.
Or a 1 hp 2 speed pump would probably be good.

Tell us more about your pool. Waterfall, bubblers, features, filter, solar?, heater?, are you happy with the size pump you have now. You can add it to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post. And tell us if you are in Scottsdale, UT or Scottsdale, AL. The climate makes a difference.

Welcome to TFP!

You definitely do not need an Intelliflo.
If you want a VS Pump then I would suggest the Pentair VS superflo 1-1/2 hp, 342001.
Or a 1 hp 2 speed pump would probably be good.

Tell us more about your pool. Waterfall, bubblers, features, filter, solar?, heater?, are you happy with the size pump you have now. You can add it to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post. And tell us if you are in Scottsdale, UT or Scottsdale, AL. The climate makes a difference.

Thank you for your response and the link on how to post:D

Scottsdale Arizona (it's HOT), 6k gallon (small pool), in-ground pebble tek, 1hp Jandy (rebuild), filter Shasta??, waterfall feature and aerator, The Pool Cleaner vacuum

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 21
Click Settings upper right, Edit Profile lower left add AZ to you location and click Save at the bottom. Then it will show up over there <------ in each post.

I would go with this pump, here are a couple of places to buy it.
Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001 sunplay.com
Pentair SuperFlo VS 1-1/2 HP Variable Speed Pump (220V ) - 342000 - INYOPools.com

If you become a TFP supporter you will get a cool badge over there <----, a discount on a great test kit from TFTestkits.net and a discount coupon for INYO Pools. More here, CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.