New House, OLD pool, LOTS of questions

Pool is up over the first step, so well over 50% full :)

Found the port at the bottom of the skimmer for the vacuum line.

Amazon has been stinking lately, so my SWG will be here tomorrow instead of today.

Solar cover and reel on the way too, as is an automated vacuum, test kit, and salt water strips.

Assuming I should get some CYA and bleach to help the numbers along until SWG is installed and pumping?

Any word on those totallyawsomespectacular surface mount lights?

Definitely get some bleach in. My opinion is the CYA, since it really needs circulation to dissolve, might have to wait until you get the filter running.

There's an article in Pool School about how to start up an SWG. You'll definitely need to use bleach to keep things boosted until the pool is ready for the SWG to be turned on.

Awesome, thanks for the info. It'll be 2 days before the SWG is ready to ignite for sure. Until then I'd like to maintain at least midline so it's not out of control when I go to fire everything up.

So added enough chlorine to get it above normal level, at half full. I figure between adding more water and burn off, it should be right about perfect when it finally fills completely.

SWG, solar cover, automatic vacuum should be here today/tomorrow. I'll start install tomorrow of SWG and get everything plumbed and wired. Hopefully the pump is still good, if not I'll call the home warranty company and see what they say. :)

now still looking for surface mount lights, but I do have plenty of external terrain lights that focus on and around the pool, so it's not an urgent need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.