Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Price to haul dirt away?

1. Back To Top    #1

Price to haul dirt away?

How much did you pay to haul your dirt away? How far did you have to take it? How many loads did you have? I'm sure it varies by many things--just trying to get a rough idea....We are only going to haul it a few miles...no idea how many loads yet.
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Price to haul dirt away?

Post it on Craigslist, and someone will likely to pick it up if it's good soil. People are ALWAYS looking for good fill.

I've dug a trench for new plumbing, and want to put in fill that's not nearly as rocky as what was in there before (one layer was almost entirely stone with NO fine materials!). I'll be looking at my local Craigslist to get rid of what I have, plus get more of what I want.
    2016 total pool rebuild thread: here. Pool: 26,000 gal IG vinyl liner (20'x40') in Madison, WI. Gear: ​Superflo VS, Triton TR-60 filter, 2" hi-flow MPV, & Raypak 266A heater. Testing: Taylor K-2006C. Manual chems: 12.5% NaClO liquid, granular CYA, baking soda, 31.25% muriatic acid.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a feeling it will be rocky soil in this area--but that is a great idea.
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

4. Back To Top    #4

Ours was about an extra $6,000 because of the rocks they found in the back yard and had to truck out. I actually had to find someone to take them on CL as they were so big the gravel pit would not take them.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html