Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberglass Roman step vs Radius Roman?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberglass Roman step vs Radius Roman?

So I was wondering...For an IG vinyl pool-- what is the difference between the Roman step and the Radius Roman step? All I have to go by is a tiny diagram/picture and I can't really tell much. Pictures are always appreciated too. Thanks!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fiberglass Roman step vs Radius Roman?

all roman steps have a radius on the outside. A radius roman step also has an inside radius to match the contour of a radius pool wall. For example , with the popular mountain lake style vinyl liner kits , you would need a radius roman step because there are virtually no straight walls. But with a rectangle you would use a straight roman step.
    Kris
    14x26 rectangle vinyl liner pool . 1.5 hp 2 speed tri star pump, 2 aqua genie skimmers , no main drain. 175 sq ft star clear cartridge filter. 200,000 btu hayward heater Tf-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Fiberglass Roman step vs Radius Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmaz View Post
    all roman steps have a radius on the outside. A radius roman step also has an inside radius to match the contour of a radius pool wall. For example , with the popular mountain lake style vinyl liner kits , you would need a radius roman step because there are virtually no straight walls. But with a rectangle you would use a straight roman step.
    Kris
    I think I understand! Thank you!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide