help. pump won't start.

SamsIam

Bronze Supporter
May 28, 2016
Arlington, TX
I have a Hayward Super Pump II (2HP) that I had to get the pump seal replaced on. I did the rest of the gasket kit too. When I went to put it back, it just hums and won't spin. I pulled it out and started it and it worked outside the housing so I thought I had it bound. After numerous attempts I realized that it was coincidence that it worked outside and not inside the housing. Once it tripped my breaker. So now I see even outside the housing with nothing to possibly bind it, it just hums. Shaft turns freely. I know Leslies took one of the capacitors off to get to the shaft to remove the impeller. Is it possible it is damaged or maybe hooked up wrong? I am getting ready to ensure my wiring is correct but I am sure it is since I took a picture of the 220 connection before for reference.

Thanks for any assistance. I tried getting someone out but I can't even get anyone to return my calls. I know this is a busy time for pool guys.

scott

I have a Hayward Super Pump II (2HP) that I had to get the pump seal replaced on. I did the rest of the gasket kit too. When I went to put it back, it just hums and won't spin. I pulled it out and started it and it worked outside the housing so I thought I had it bound. After numerous attempts I realized that it was coincidence that it worked outside and not inside the housing. Once it tripped my breaker. So now I see even outside the housing with nothing to possibly bind it, it just hums. Shaft turns freely. I know Leslies took one of the capacitors off to get to the shaft to remove the impeller. Is it possible it is damaged or maybe hooked up wrong? I am getting ready to ensure my wiring is correct but I am sure it is since I took a picture of the 220 connection before for reference.

Thanks for any assistance. I tried getting someone out but I can't even get anyone to return my calls. I know this is a busy time for pool guys.

scott

I got it. Turned out I knocked the centrifugal switch off kilter when working on it. Took it off and put it back on and it started right up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.