Anything I should do before the first swim of the season?

dannieboiz

Jan 16, 2015
San Jose, CA
Over the winter, I just maintain my pool to stay clear, occassionally, there's small green algae here and there, I'd just scrap it off level my chemical and good to go. It's going to be hot this week, water is clear but I do notice a little bit of algae on the steps that developed after a few days.

My tests 2 days ago was

PH: 8.2
FC: .5
CYA: 70 (this used to be around 35-40 all season last year, I got lazy and started to use tabs during the winter)

new reading that same day

FC. 4

Last night I noticed some more green algae, I'm going to do another test today. It's going to be hot so I want to toss the solar blanket over to heat up the pool so we can swim in a few days. Should I shock the pool first and let the FC go down before throwing on the blnaket?

I'm in California, someone would slap me across the wrist if i replace the water. Lol

For a 20k gallon pool how much should i be draining to bring cya down by 30 points?

I saw something the other day that u can add to help with the cya level.

Something interesting happened, I just went outside and noticed no more algae on the steps.

I have not changed anything since Friday afternoon, I forgot that it's Tuesday today and that we had a holiday weekend. So my original post said 2 days that's incorrect.

I just tested everything again and did it slow and here's my current reading. What this is telling me that my FC only drop about 1ppm since Friday or either I added a little too much chlorine.

Water Temp - 69
FC -3.5
CC- 5
PH - 8.2
TA - 100
Calcium - 450
CYA - 55

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.