Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete pool deck waht is better stain or epoxy paint

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Concrete pool deck waht is better stain or epoxy paint

Looking to enhance my concrete area around the pool. I am not sure what product will hold up the best in a northern climate. Does anyone have recommendations on products epoxy vs stain or something like seal-Krete
    New owner of a house with an In-Ground gunite pool built in 1978 without any upgrades. It is a 17' x 34' 22,500 gallon pool located in New England (home of the NE Patriots) .

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Concrete pool deck waht is better stain or epoxy paint

I don't have personal experience with it but I may consider the following when needed:

http://www.amazon.com/Cool-Pool-Deck.../dp/B006I99IJQ

It's not a straight application product though - you mix it with paint to obtain your color. Interesting option.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Stain for sure. Many of the epoxy paints aren't rated for UV exposure or consistently wet environments.
    24' Round Doughboy AG.
    Usually filled with 3 kids, the wife, and occasionally the dog.

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't help with the up north part, as to epoxy paints, there is a LOT of junk out there, this is not to say there is not also a lot of good stuff, but the good stuff costs more, and is often a bit harder to apply (thicker coating, shorter working time, etc.).
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~