Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Haywood Pump Filter Basket problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Haywood Pump Filter Basket problem

Hello everyone, I am new here and have been a pool owner now for 5 years and each year I get a little more skilled. This year after opening my pool I have discovered a new roadblock. Last night after vacuuming my pool for the first time this spring I attempted to empty the filter basket but was unable to remove it from the pump. Almost as if it has been glued in, any handy tips on how to correct this issue so info not have to scoop the debri out of the basket with my hand each time it is full?

Thank you in advance for any tips or ideas on this.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Haywood Pump Filter Basket problem

My Hayward strainer basket also sits in the compartment quite tightly. But there is that U-shaped opening in the basket that allows water to enter from the pool (suction) side. Have you tried to using a flat stick or bladed tool to grab that area in an effort to help turn the basket a little while it's still inside to help break it free? I suspect it just got really "gummed-up" from sitting all winter.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!