Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Normal for voltage to be 0 and instant salt to be - 0

1. Back To Top    #1

Normal for voltage to be 0 and instant salt to be - 0

I just bought a new house that came with a pool and SWG (I'm new to both). Everything is great I'm just not sure if it's normal that the SWG runs for lets say 30mins and goes from 3.55 and -3100 to 0.00 and -0. I have it sat to 30% so is this just a normal on/off cycle? I just assumed it produced at 30% all the time not turns on and off. Hopefully this question is clear enough.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Normal for voltage to be 0 and instant salt to be - 0

Some units are as you say. They run a percentage of a preset time and are off for the remainder of the time. So unless you set it for 100% it's going to be off for some period of time based on the percentage that you set.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    Some units are as you say. They run a percentage of a preset time and are off for the remainder of the time. So unless you set it for 100% it's going to be off for some period of time based on the percentage that you set.
    Do you know what the cycle is? 30% is based off an hour? so 18mins of an hour?
    18k gal Vinyl, Hayward ProSeries Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-5 SWCG, Taylor K-2006C Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Funny, I just noticed mine does that too when I checked everything last night. It kind of freaked me out because my Compupool didn't do that. I'm also at 30%.

The Compupool just turned down the output. It appears the Circupool runs 100% for 30% of the time.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Funny, I just noticed mine does that too when I checked everything last night. It kind of freaked me out because my Compupool didn't do that. I'm also at 30%.
    Yea same here... I assumed something was wrong but then I started thinking more about it and realized it's probably normal.
    18k gal Vinyl, Hayward ProSeries Sand Filter, 1.5 HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-5 SWCG, Taylor K-2006C Test Kit