Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 110v / 220v valve

1. Back To Top    #1

110v / 220v valve

Anyone know of a decently priced normally closed shut off valve that can withstand chlorine? I did a quick search and couldnt find much here or on google. Just figured it was worth asking.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 110v / 220v valve

What percentage of chlorine are you looking to control?
    Are you sure that you a need 110v/220v actuator?
    Do you want varied control or just on/off?
    Do you have an air supply available or does it need to be all electric?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I would prefer it capable of handling 12.5% chlorine.
    It does not have to be. A 12v with converter would be fine I guess.
    I only need on/off. I am trying to pre plan to use the free Dosatron that I picked up last night.
    I would rather it be electric. I have a compressor but its really too far away.

I plan to put a "loop" in my existing plumbing to attach the Dosatron. I will have a manual shut off valve so I can adjust the amount of pressure the Dosatron receives but I was thinking this morning that it would be nice to have a valve that is typically closed until it receives a current and opens. That way I could have the Dosatron only being used when I need it versus working the entire time the pool pump is running. This would allow me to use it like a stenner pump setup instead of the constant flow. I really dont think I can lower the constant flow enough to allow it to run the entire time the pool pump is running. Hope that makes since.... I am also open to suggestions.
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

4. Back To Top    #4

I think you're going to be better off using an actuated pool valve and a 120 to 24 VAC transformer.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. I will search that and see what I can find.

6. Back To Top    #6

so much for reasonably priced... Cheapest I see is $300! Guess I will keep on searching.