New to pools and pumps

May 31, 2016
Whitby
We moved into a house which has a pool, and us being completely clueless on troubleshooting have a rather large issue.
I went out to check the pool and see that the pressure gauge which usually hovers from 15psi-20, was at like 5 or less, I turned it off and backwashed it, had very low pressure when I was backwashing, like it was barely coming out when usually it's like high speed water. I put it back to filter and the pump gains pressure to about 15psi and then dumps it back to 0, the light flashing in the control panel for our chlorinator is flashing 'No Flow' I cn't for the life of me figure out why it isn't flowing now, but was working fine a few days ago.

Any help?

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

First you need to help us help you. Add your state over there <---- so we know the climate for your pool. Add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post so we know what equipment we are helping you with.

And answer these
How does the water look?
Do you have test results?
How do you test your water?
How do you chlorinate your water?

Once we know more about what we are dealing with we can help you better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.