Heavy Rain. Floating pool liner.

May 26, 2016
virginia beach, va
I have been trying to get my pool right since my husband is deployed and it was finally showing major progress. Just a bit cloudy. Then it rained heavily for 2 days straight. My neighbor came over to turn on the waste function of the pump so the pool does not overflow. I was able to turn off the pump about 930 pm last night. This morning, the level on the pool was just below halfway on the skimmer intake. That is when I saw it... my pool liner is floating from the wall!!! I am at my wit's end.. In tears right now... Is there anything I can do?:(

I have been trying to get my pool right since my husband is deployed and it was finally showing major progress. Just a bit cloudy. Then it rained heavily for 2 days straight. My neighbor came over to turn on the waste function of the pump so the pool does not overflow. I was able to turn off the pump about 930 pm last night. This morning, the level on the pool was just below halfway on the skimmer intake. That is when I saw it... my pool liner is floating from the wall!!! I am at my wit's end.. In tears right now... Is there anything I can do?:(

I had my liner float one winter when i lost a lot of water due to a leak. I was able to get it back in place with the brush as i added water. My guess is with all of the rain your water table is very high and as it drops back down you should be able to get the liner more or less back in place. I ended up with two wrinkles in my shallow end but after dealing with a leak and a floating liner i consider myself lucky!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.