need some trouble shooting for my sand filter

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
hey All. I got our pool up and running this weekend, but having some "issues" with our sand filter. It's a Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter

and I did the usual backwash and then rinse cycle before kicking it into "filtration" yesterday..but when I turn the level over to the "filtration" mode, I still have some water coming out of the backwash hose. Not a ton, but some. What would cause this? How do I fix it??

Thanks much

This is usually a sign of a worn spider gasket in the multiport valve. It is a fairly easy diy fix if you can find the gasket, however some manufacturers are making the valves so you have to buy the top part of the valve assembly. Its still an easy fix, just more expensive than the gasket alone. You can check with a full service pool store and see if they have the part available.

Thanks for the speedy replies. Texas- I do only switch "modes' when the pump is off. I don't however only go one direction, I use either direction.

I'll see if I can find the manual and how to remove the spider gasket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.