Pro Series skimmer conversion

chayne

Bronze Supporter
Hey All,
I just ordered my new Intex sand filter and pump off of Amazon. I do have a question for you all. I know that there is a skimmer adapter that can be placed in the bottom of the skimmer. But that thing is like $15. I was wondering if i could just go to HD or Lowes and buy a 1.5" threaded coupling with the threads on one end and a slip on the other end. Put a lock ring on the inside of the skimmer and maybe a little silicone or gasket. Then just be able to use 1.5" pvc from there to the new pump and filter. What do you think?

Just FYI this is the pump and sand filter I got: Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2100 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

Some intex stuff does work like that and some of the fitting are just not, they say 1.5 inch but it is actually metric chinese made and sometimes the 1,5 inch works and sometimes it does not... it will not hurt to try and if it does not work I think leslies has the adapter also..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.