This is my first post and first pool. I have a 20,000 gallon chlorine pool, with exposed aggregate plaster, and whisperflow 2 hp pump. Two days ago I filled the pool. My builder then came and added 8 gallons of muriatic acid, and some "purple stuff" brand name?. He said today to add 4 pouches of shock, turn my chlorine on to 3, the one that holds tablets, and I am "good to go".
Well, what do i do now, and where do i go from here? The test kit he gave me shows no chlorine, and the pH is below the scale. (I am waiting for the test kit that is recommended to come in the mail).
Anyway, I have no clue on what to do now, except brush twice a day, and run the pump. Any help would be appreciated.