Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool maintenance app reviews

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool maintenance app reviews

I am looking for reviews of pool maintence apps for tracking pool maintence and calculating pool chemistry.
    I have found several references to apps but only one that was actually reviewed. Here is a list of the apps that come up most frequently:

Insta-link - free app but requires a "subscription" and purchase of proprietary test strips - major complaints are difficultly connecting to website, inconsistent chem readings, & having to reorder strips.

Others are:

Pool Doctor
    Pool Calculator
    Pool Boy Pro
    The Pool Monitor Free
    NSPF Suite of Apps
    Pool Smart
    Swim University
    Pool $mart (The cutsie name is enough to make me want to steer clear - but if it's a great app...)

If anyone has experience with, or knows something about these apps, or can recommend an easy-to-use app for a highschool chem dropout - I'd be grateful!
    It's summer in Ottawa... Don't blink!
    inground, gunite, installed ca. late 70s/early 80s
    kidney-shaped, ~ 20' x 40'
    chlorine system

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Pool maintence app reviews

I use Pool Math, link right up there ^^^
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Pool maintenance app reviews

Hi Laurie,
    unless you know the chemistry behind the app and trust it, then the app is worthless. At least to anyone who understands the science it is.

We here at TFP base our pool maintenace regimen on sound science. Only Pool Math is recommended and it's sacry accurate. I'll be surprised you find any reviews here at TFP of the apps you listed, because we just don't use them.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!