Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Member.

1. Back To Top    #1

Peabody Ma

New Member.

Greeting everyone.

My wife and I live in Ma on the North Shore. We bought a new house with a pool in the back yard. yes on purpose. We searched for a larger home with a in ground pool on purpose.
    It had some issues after a few years with a leak underground and some concrete settlement issues with the patio.Its a gunite pool.
    Well to shorten it up we had the pool and all the decks refinished this early April. IMG_1302.jpgIMG_1700.jpg
    we had the decks done in exposed aggragrate and the pool refinished in pebbletech. new skimmers all new plumbing except for the returns which were in excellent shape. Now that things are working correctly. I have some questions. I wired the pool for a heat pump in the near future and had the equipment pad sized to accommodate the new heater as well.
    It's just a question of which pump? The pool is 6 feet at the deep end and 3 feet at the shallow end. It holds 18000 gallons of water.
    Thanks for any help received in advance. It just dawned on me to look for a forum for pools after cruising my usual motorcycle forums.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: New Member.

Welcome to TFP

Bigger is better, get the biggest one you can afford..

gas would be 400,000 BTU, use if you only want to heat occasionally like weekends
    heat pump: these are used when you want to set the temp at 85 and keep it there
    solar heat: more expensive up front but free heat once it in, it will use your pump when activated

all 3 will need a pool solar cover to keep your paid for heat in

I hope this helps
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!

I think I would go with this pump for your pool. Here are a couple of places to buy it.

Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001
    Pentair SuperFlo VS 1-1/2 HP Variable Speed Pump (220V ) - 342000 -

Becoming a TFP supporter will get you a discount with INYO and of course a great badge for over there <---.
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5
    Peabody Massachusetts

Looks great! we are also in Peabody who did the deck?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Toronto, Ontario

Love the change.
    19K gal IG vinyl, AuqaRite Digital TCell15 SWG, 3/4HP Tristar Pump, Sand Filter. Gas Heater, Navigator Cleaner.
    Simple solutions resolve complex problems more often than complex solutions solve simple problems.
    Despite the high cost of living, it's still very popular.