Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Swim accomplished thanks to TFP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

First Swim accomplished thanks to TFP!!

Hi everyone,

That was fun!!

I can't believe that I was able to perform chemistry tests with all your help and have my friends and family swim safely this Memorial weekend.

A huge thank you to everyone that helped and reassured me this past month.

The pool looks and feels fabulous.

.......as per usual, here are this evenings results after a busy weekend swimming.

Weather-a lot of rain this morning....

FC-3.0
    CC-0.5
    TC-3.5
    CH-50
    TA-140
    CYA-70
    PH-8.2
    CL/BR-5-10
    Salt-2800ppm

I do think the rain this morning has skewed these results a little. Having put these into Poolmath it has asked that I add 68lbs bags of salt... to be honest I might wait until tomorrow and perform another test, or should I do as the calculator suggests.

Its my first real test and swim, albeit after a significant day of rain.

Thanks so much again everyone. I hope you all had a fun weekend.

15x30 Oval 13,500 Gal, IG Vinyl built Fall 2015,
    TF-100 test kit
    Pentair Sand Dollar 40 Pump & Filter System 1HP Dynamo
    Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: First Swim accomplished thanks to TFP!!

Congrats From those tests I would bring your FC up to and target 5 and add some MA to drop your PH, with your TA at 140 your PH will rise a little fast but as you take PH down you TA will also lower
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

What fun! SO nice to see you are really getting it! And to get to enjoy the fruits of you labor with friends and family! SWEET!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Congrats From those tests I would bring your FC up to and target 5 and add some MA to drop your PH, with your TA at 140 your PH will rise a little fast but as you take PH down you TA will also lower
    Appreciate the information Cowboy. Time to get this pool back in order!!

Thank you

12,000 Gal,IG Vinyl,Pentair 1HP Dynamo,Pentair SD40,Pentair Intellichlor SWG,Dolphin Nautilus, TF-100

15x30 Oval 13,500 Gal, IG Vinyl built Fall 2015,
    TF-100 test kit
    Pentair Sand Dollar 40 Pump & Filter System 1HP Dynamo
    Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

5. Back To Top    #5

Yep, keep some bleach around to help out the SWG when needed. It is a lot easier to add some bleach from time to time than to adjust run time and percentage up and down all the time.

Congrats on a great
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach