Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We're Laurie & John in Ottawa, Ontario

1. Back To Top    #1

We're Laurie & John in Ottawa, Ontario

Hi! We're new to this forum. While we're Laurie & John, "we" will pretty much always be "me" - Laurie. I came across the forum while looking for honest reviews of pool maintence apps, and joined to follow a promising thread which I can't find now. I did find some older threads mentioning some apps, but no reviews or comparisons as such.
    I'll keep looking...
    It's summer in Ottawa... Don't blink!
    inground, gunite, installed ca. late 70s/early 80s
    kidney-shaped, ~ 20' x 40'
    chlorine system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: We're Laurie & John in Ottawa, Ontario

HI Laurie and John!

What kind of app was it? We have a couple of them like Pool Math up at the top. Let me know what it was and I might be able to find it for you.

THANKS for filling out your siggy and location! LOL don't blink CUTE!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Laurie,
    Welcome to TFP.

There used to be one or 2 apps that were useful, but thats been quite a while and they are no longer maintained. So who knows how inaccurate they are.

Here at TFP, we all recommend and use POOL MATH. It is spot on, but it isn't actually an app.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

We also have a set of recommended level of your pool chemistry to shoot for.
    Pool School - Recommended Levels

It would be an excellent idea to click the Pool School button and see all of the useful info in there. Its a wealth of info.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll start a new thread (outside this intro thread) for a discussion about pool maintence apps.

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter