Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: looking at buying above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

looking at buying above ground pool

I am looking at purchasing my first above ground pool have looked at a couple of places and feel overwhelmed with all of this information and choices i am currently looking at a 18x40x52 oval pool from thepoolfactory it is the saltwater 5000. Is this a good pool? I am not wanting to do a saltwater system, do to it being close to a metal fence. what kind of pump and filtration system would be best this pool is 19,000 gal? What type of chlorination system should i buy? Is there anything else i should buy right away?
    Kc mo, mom of 3 and a farmers wife
    Looking at a 18x40x52 Above ground pool

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: looking at buying above ground pool

Welcome to TFP

spend some time an check out some of the builds, grab a test kit

Just so you know, all chlorine pools are salt water pools, salt is used to stabilize the chlorine

I would and almost always recommend a SWG but they are not for everyone below is what I would get from there

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Saltwater pool with SWG is the only way to go imo, its just so easy!
    Michigan - 24'x54" AG, approx 15,000g, 2 center drains, Cartridge filter, Aqua Pro 2hp, 2 speed pump 3.5a@1725w / 10.5a@3450w, AquaCal TropiCal T90 heat pump, Hayward Salt & Swim SWG, Poolskim, Aquabot Rover Jr.

4. Back To Top    #4

What are the advantages of saltwater system vs a chlorine system?
    Kc mo, mom of 3 and a farmers wife
    Looking at a 18x40x52 Above ground pool

5. Back To Top    #5

With a saltwater chlorine generator (swg) you make your own chlorine and it is released into the pool depending on how your have the swg set up. SWGs can be adjusted to increase or decrease the % of chlorine created, depending on what is needed. If you are going to chlorinate manually, then you will need to have several gallons of plain, unscented bleach on hand at all times. You use your test results and PoolMath to determine the correct chlorine level and dose the pool appropriately. You should check the chlorine levels daily.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Trick View Post
    Saltwater pool with SWG is the only way to go imo, its just so easy!
    THIS!!! 😀

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart