Summer Waves Elite HELP with this filter

May 30, 2016
NY
Been scouring the forums and no luck yet.

Looking at a 14x42 Summer Wave Elite pool from Walmart ( Honestly not sure what the difference really is between Summer Escapes, Pro Series, Intex etc.. ) since they all look the same.

The Summer Wave comes with an SFX1000 filter which is submerged in canister. I want to use an Intex Salt Water filter/pump and am confused because everything on internet seems to show adapters 2" to 1.5/1.25" etc.. to be used by removing the external pump that hangs from the skimmer canister. The filter that comes with the SummerWave is submerged and not sure is can be adapted so easily. Definitely can't remove the pump all together bc it would leave a gaping hole in the bottom of the can. Do you pull the impeller off and just use the small inlet/outlets or is there a replacement canister that fits the pool opening and does not include a pump ?

Any help from anyone that knows anything about this canister/pump model would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks for the link. My problem is that the new pools now seem to come with this filter/pump. It's submerged into the canister itself. The previous model had the pump mounted externally, and you could simply remove the pump and use an adapter / hose connection. On the new model, the pump makes up the bottom plate of the canister, and if you remove it - you have 5 inch gaping hole :(

attachment.php

Thanks for the link. My problem is that the new pools now seem to come with this filter/pump. It's submerged into the canister itself. The previous model had the pump mounted externally, and you could simply remove the pump and use an adapter / hose connection. On the new model, the pump makes up the bottom plate of the canister, and if you remove it - you have 5 inch gaping hole :(

attachment.php

Been scouring the forums and no luck yet.

Looking at a 14x42 Summer Wave Elite pool from Walmart ( Honestly not sure what the difference really is between Summer Escapes, Pro Series, Intex etc.. ) since they all look the same.

The Summer Wave comes with an SFX1000 filter which is submerged in canister. I want to use an Intex Salt Water filter/pump and am confused because everything on internet seems to show adapters 2" to 1.5/1.25" etc.. to be used by removing the external pump that hangs from the skimmer canister. The filter that comes with the SummerWave is submerged and not sure is can be adapted so easily. Definitely can't remove the pump all together bc it would leave a gaping hole in the bottom of the can. Do you pull the impeller off and just use the small inlet/outlets or is there a replacement canister that fits the pool opening and does not include a pump ?

Any help from anyone that knows anything about this canister/pump model would be greatly appreciated :D

Not sure if this helps for the saltwater system but here is what I did for the sand filter/pump I purchased @ mega giant big box store...

Summer waves/polygroup makes their own sand filter/pump and sells it in their online store as well as the above local store, WM. I called the manufacturer about my specific pool which is SFX model (new model square canister) before I purchased the sand filter/pump. I was told that the water would pass through the *internal* stock pump passively without removing it, into the sand pump/filter. I then made my purchase and connected the 1.5 hose directly to the skimmer and it works. Just wrap up the electric cord from the unused pump. So no need to remove the internal pump at all just find a way to get that electric cord out of the way. Side note, my sfx1000 model came with 1.5" hoses which is what the sand filter/pump uses so we didn't need the included adapters. With all that said, maybe it is possible to attach a saltwater system directly to the skimmer as I have since the internal pump allows water to pass through it when not powered on. Call polygroup and ask them, they are very helpful and will explain in detail about adapters/ flow of water before you buy their products. Also their website has a picture of my configuration for SFX pools if you need a visual. Polygroupstore is the website for parts etc. Maybe they make a saltwater system too so you can view the setup pictures.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2016-07-12-01-37-53.jpg
Not sure if this picture helps you at all. There is not enough information out there about the new SFX skimmers/pump. But from what I can tell, it seems like they needed to modify their skimmer system to allow for the sand pump they now sell. Kinda makes sense except for making the top square (I suppose that's how they keep their exclusivity with parts as the vacuum adapter plate is rare and pricey). If you find a way to remove the pump with some sort of adapter (bottom of skimmer canister) please let me know because I would love to remove the obsolete internal pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.