Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Too much space between liner and wall?

1. Back To Top    #1

Too much space between liner and wall?

I mistakenly filled my pool before pulling the winter cover off. When I pulled the cover off I found the liner had pulled away from the coping over a good 18" stretch. I expect I have to drain the pool, pour hot water on the liner, and try to work it back. Boiling hot water by itself doesn't give me nearly enough stretch, so I will have to drain. I'm concerned by the space behind the liner, however. I will have to stretch it about 2 inches and, at the very top, there will be about a half inch between the wall and the liner once I fix it. (See pictures.) That seems like it could pull right out again. Is the polymer wall shifting? Or am I paranoid? (Or both?) Thanks for any advice! IMG_20160530_152624.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Too much space between liner and wall?

You need to drain your pool down a couple of feet. Wait for a really warm day and move it back into place. The warmer the day and more direct sun the easier it will be. Have 4 or five people on hand to help.

Can't tell if the walls have shifted from the picture.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Too much space between liner and wall?

Thanks very much. (I thought I had uploaded two pictures.) The wall is set back from where the liner will insert by about inch. I will wait for a warm day and bring out a pot of warm water with me.