Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning pool cover

I have two covers. One is a mesh safety cover and the other is a solid cover (basically a tarp black on bottom) and I usually pressure wash them. My issue is when I wash the solid cover and let it dry on the lawn it burns n turns the grass brown.

My driveway is too small to stretch the tarp on n wash/ dry. What do most people do?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Cleaning pool cover

Perhaps folding/rolling it so only one half is open on the driveway when you clean it. Let it dry then roll the clean side up and do the other side.

That's the only solution I can think of??
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cleaning pool cover

If the weather is cooperating, you can spray it while still on the pool. You'll have to coordinate it with removing the safety cover and draining. I get the majority of the cover clean this way and, this year, I did not have to do a second cleaning after I got it off. My grass appreciated that!