Cloudy Water, possible DE in the Pool.

Jun 9, 2011
NJ
I started to open my pool about 3 weeks ago. A few minutes after I started the pump, I noticed a huge crack in the filter casing. Could that have sent DE into the pool? The pool was a swamp at that point so I could not tell at the time.

Since then, I replaced the filter. I have been Slamming the pool for about 2 weeks now. It is blue but very cloudy. When I try brushing, I get clouds of brown coming up from the bottom. I just tried vacuuming and the pump basket was full of brown water. Is this DE?

FC: 14.5
CC: 0
PH: 7.2
TA: 110
CH: 150
CYA: 30 (assumed, added CYA a few days ago)

I haven't tried the OCLT because it is still cloudy. We just got several inches of rain from the remnants of Bonnie which doesn't help matters.

It could be either DE or dead algae.

If you can drag the edge of your leafskimmer through a drift of it and get some stuck, you could feel it. FE will be grittier than algae. Maybe even get some off the pump strainer basket.

Whatever it is, vacuum it up and get rid of it. Even if you have to vacuum blind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.