Hello! I'm new here. This is the second year with a pool. Last year went flawlessly and the pool was crystal clear and balanced all summer! We're kinda late opening it this year as the weather here has been less than desirable. It's hot and sunny now and we're trying to get it opened so we can enjoy it! It's an above ground 16 x 32 which holds approximately 14,000 gallons.
We had a green pool to begin with. I had the water tested on Friday and was instructed to shock it, as expected, with 8 gallons of liquid chlorine which I purchased at our local pool supply store. They also instructed me to add algae-x and sequi-sol. I did as advised and now we have "watered down milk". Is this the algae bleached out? When I us rarest strip, it tests:
and remember it's milky white. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much!!!