DE added to Sand Filter. ???

Okay. My normal clean filter pressure is 9-10psi.
Added DE 1 hour ago and pressure is staying at 7psi.
DE was diluted in water completely prior pouring in skimmer.
I am also getting some bubbles from the return eye now.
Should I backwash and start again with the DE addition and see how the pressures react?

There is no hard fast amount of DE that it takes to raise your psi 1 pound. So if it were me, I'd try another 1/2 cup and see where that takes it. Just add it slowly, or as you did diluted in water added slowly.

If you want to backwash it out at ant time no harm will have been done.

Okay. My normal clean filter pressure is 9-10psi.
Added DE 1 hour ago and pressure is staying at 7psi.
DE was diluted in water completely prior pouring in skimmer.
I am also getting some bubbles from the return eye now.
Should I backwash and start again with the DE addition and see how the pressures react?
Low pressure and bubbles sound more like an air leak. Did you, by chance, backwash just before adding DE? Maybe the water level is now too low and you have a vortex in the skimmer. Go take a look. If you see a whirlpool, there's your air bubbles and low pressure. Fixing that is as easy as dropping the hose in.

Ok. If you have a larger problem, I'm sure Richard and other experts can help get you straightened out BUT.........this happened to me this year too. Pressure had seemingly been about 1 pound lower than normal for a long while. I added DE and my pressure dropped. I went nuts thinking I had a blockage. Long story short......my gauge was bad. That drop when I added DE was my first sign.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.