Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Georgieboy

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, my name is George and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am a father of an amazing 7 year old boy who is the light and joy of my life. We have many neighbors with kids, and they are usually over here very frequently all summer. So having a pool in the summer here in Albuquerque where it gets very hot, adds to our memories. I had a above ground pool for the last two years, but struggled greatly to keep water balanced and algae free. I am excited to join T.F.P. so hopefully this year could be less stress trying to figure what my pool needs to have a fun summer.
    Hello I have a 17x52 above ground metal frame pool.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Georgieboy

George! So nice to see you! Boy are you going to LOVE finding TFP! NO more struggles with the pool!

I see you started you signature. Can you please add your equipment-filter (kind and size), pump, how you are testing.

I would LOVE for you to read this: Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry It is a lot of info BUT it is the corner stone to what we do here. Once you have glanced at it how about starting a thread over at Just Getting started.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

And let me be the first to say...

You're ahead of the pack -- I see a signature already.

Don't get too engrossed in all your reading here. Take some time to go enjoy that pool today.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter