I have been given a pool. Major top cap problem

So my churches pastor told me I can have his 27 foot diameter 52 inch deep pool. My sister and I spend Sunday evening loosening the side posts from the pool - this wasn't too easy ( except for a few that loosen up but don't come out)

The post or top caps are a problem tho. There is no access to a screw on top of the top or post cap but you can look under it ( from under the side post) and you can clearly see a bolt or screw going up to the post cap

I've tried turning the post cap left and left to try to loosen it and it won't work. I also can't pop off the post cap

I don't think taking the pool down will be a big deal it's just getting the post caps off so we can take all of the top pieces apart

I'll post a picture when I can

I hope I can get some help here :). I feel lucky to be given a pool. I really want this

Yes free lol. I like tinkering with stuff. I know I will keep it clean ect lol. I'm so eager to have my three year old cousin over. He will love it. Plus I have a he movie projector. Laying in the pool at night watching finding memo on the side of my house will be a blast

You know what?? You might want to start looking for a liner. There is no way you are going to be able to reuse the old one. Many have tried and all have failed :(

When you are over there take a picture of the equipment that goes with it so we can take a look it it.

and while you are doing "work" for the pool go ahead and order a test kit. This will be your number one money saver. Yeah I know the pool store will test it for free BUT is it really free when you walk out with $$$ worth of stuff? Nope :( Look in my siggy for the test that I think is the best bang for the buck.

PM me when you post your pictures. I am off and on all day so worried I might miss it.

Kim:cat:

You CAREFULLY pry that oval up. Did I say carefully??? A couple of mine have marks even though we were careful :(

Too add more pics:

-Become a supporting member CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!! You get more picture storage, a discount of the test kit AND we get to keep our lights on to help you and others! OH and you get a discount from INYOPools.com (this is new and with you needing a liner.................

Or you can use photo bucket or such and use the IMG code.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. Oh ok. The oval lol. What's the best took a pocket knife?

j feel like once we get those caps off it will be easy to take down. Especially since we aren't saving the liner

if you want to email me I'll show you all the pictures I took. If u don't want to I understand

The sides are rusted somewhat. Not bad. My sister says we need to sand it and paint it with a rubberized paint to keep it from getting worse

My husband used a blunted, tiny, flat head screw driver. The pocket knife----------could be scary in the wrong hands (mine) so lets not.

We will worry about the pictures later.

Your sister is correct expect you should be able to use Rustoleum paint.

Any metal parts with rust need to be prepped free of rust. Use quality metal primer and then paint with an enamel paint like Rustoleum.

The pool is free but now is the time to do all you can the right way don`t get into a hurry and cause yourself problems or issues later.

The plastic top caps if brittle you might consider replacing them or through cleaning and apply a UV protection. I use Klasse Cleaner/ Protectant this product works on everything except paint.

If Pastor still has owner`s manual you will need it or find manual online.

Welcome and good luck with this endeavor.

I don't think he does. It's 15 years old. He thinks. It was at a house he already bought ect

I don't mind to buy new top posts. I wanna do everything right

I was disappointed when I first seen the rust but I've been told it just happens

I don't know if I can find the right cap by just the picture I took. It might ha e a serial number or something on it

I was also worried cause half of the people say pools are hard to care for the other half days they are easy. My best friends grandparents are 80 and 91 year old and they have a very nice I ground pool that they take care of. They say anyone who doesn't have a clean pool is just lazy and that if they can do it anyone can lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.