Pump and heat exchanger placement?

At what elevation should the pump and heat exchanger be installed vis a vis the pool water level for best operation on a 27' AG pool? Or does it even make a difference as long as its below the water line? I also see a lot of people around here(eastern Canada) using a long coil of black plastic pipe on the roof tops facing the sun. I don't plan on running the main pool pump during the day so would this coil of piping require its own smaller circ pump?

"Heat exchanger" through me off but I think you mean solar panels (i.e. black coils)? The pump needs to be below water line and depending on the pump type and size, the panels may have a maximum elevation. But if you don't plan on running the pump during the day, solar panels do you no good unless you are trying to cool the pool. To get heat from solar panels, you must run the pump during the day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.