Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help replacing Coverstar sliders

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help replacing Coverstar sliders

What's the best way to replace the sliders on a coverstar cover? I have the type where the track sits under the bullnose. Do they have to slide into the track from the end or can I just hook it on wherever?

BTW I'm going to try 3D printing replacement sliders rather than spend $50 on two pieces of plastic. If it works out I'll put the design up on thingiverse.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help replacing Coverstar sliders

bump
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need help replacing Coverstar sliders

I usually replace the sliders near the motor end of the track with cover open. While they just hook on. a little back and forth may help get them in. I use a right angle phillips to hold the screw that goes from the bottom up.
    Have you had any luck with the 3D ?
    " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"
    19,000 gallon sylvan pool, Easytouch 2 4p automation, Screenlogic interface, Intelliflo VF 3050 pump, Intellichem with Intellichlor 40 chlorinator/Muriatic acid, Raypac millivolt natural gas heater.Polaris pool cleaner with booster pump.Coverstar automatic cover hydraulic mechanism with PCS cover. Wet edge Luna quartz finish 2016. Northeast climate.