Close to filling new pool

Tex599

Mar 10, 2016
Fort Worth tx
We are getting close to filling new pool, plaster should be completed sometime next week. PB provides startup chemicals and does all the initial work. My plan once he hands it over to me is to use the methods here. All ready have the Taylor test kit and speedstir. I am planning to test the fill water before hand, anything else I should do.

It's non saltwater, IG gunite with Jandy DEV 60 filter and Polaris.

That's great! Congrats. Then it sounds like you'll be referring to the PB's follow-on instructions for your warranty. At the same time, compare what they say to what we have on the TFP Pool School - Start-up New Plaster page. I would watch closely or ask (take notes) on what chemicals they add for their start-up. You'll need to have some muriatic acid (for rising pH) and bleach (maintain FC) always available. Depending on how much stabilizer/conditioner they add, you may need a little more stabilizer for CYA. So again, watch what they add if you can. Also buy some Tylenol, you'll be doing a lot of pool scrubbing while that plaster cures. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.