Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Close to filling new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Close to filling new pool

We are getting close to filling new pool, plaster should be completed sometime next week. PB provides startup chemicals and does all the initial work. My plan once he hands it over to me is to use the methods here. All ready have the Taylor test kit and speedstir. I am planning to test the fill water before hand, anything else I should do.

It's non saltwater, IG gunite with Jandy DEV 60 filter and Polaris.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Close to filling new pool

That's great! Congrats. Then it sounds like you'll be referring to the PB's follow-on instructions for your warranty. At the same time, compare what they say to what we have on the TFP Pool School - Start-up New Plaster page. I would watch closely or ask (take notes) on what chemicals they add for their start-up. You'll need to have some muriatic acid (for rising pH) and bleach (maintain FC) always available. Depending on how much stabilizer/conditioner they add, you may need a little more stabilizer for CYA. So again, watch what they add if you can. Also buy some Tylenol, you'll be doing a lot of pool scrubbing while that plaster cures.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!