What caused my wrinkle?

So far doing well. Grandson was over last night swimming so I didn't close the cover until 11 PM. I added Chlorine yesterday morning and ran pump on slow speed. Open up cover at seven this morning and added chlorine. I remember when I was slamming in April I closed the cover one day when it was storming and I could see the air pockets between the water and the cover. I paid attention to when I open the cover this morning and it was like taking the lid off a jar it's definitely holds gas in. The pool builder told me when he installed the cover to make sure I opened it so they could gas off. Will let you know how this is going after a few days. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well here is what I know now. It is not the cover causing the problem or the heater. I had the wrinkle come back as I increased the chlorine dose to 9.
Thinking liner has a problem or has been damaged by chemicals. Really don't know what caused it but dosing FC to 6 all is well. Don't know what would happen if I needed to slam again.

I just skimmed this thread.....it sounds like you have groundwater getting behind the liner and floating it. That's about the only way a liner can "wrinkle" and then straighten back out.

Ok the pool guy I called is backed up installing liners since May was so cold to install any. So he hasn't got here yet. I have been using pool and adding chorine using the TFP method. All the wrinkles are gone now as they came and left several times. I was wanting to try and get the water from behind the liner but could not find anywhere how to get the liner loose. The liner has a keeper that keeps it in. Never figured out where the water came from either. Oh well they are gone now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.