Vacuum hose & cleaner hose storage

marthas_ear

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 7, 2009
Texas (Central)
I was reading the manual for my pool cleaner....you can see the one I have below...I guess it is a robot...not sure if that is what it is- side suction "The Pool Cleaner"
it said do not coil the hose for storage. It also is not adjusted yet to climb the walls, altho it should.
Back to the hose...got me thinking...is all pool hose supposed to be stored straight and out of the sun? Growing up we had a chain link fence around the pool and I remember we did hang vacuum hose straight on the fence... As a grown up, our pool is now surrounded by trees and we chose to fence in the larger yard area. ..so no handy fence for hanging anything.
Trying to figure out how to store the Pool Cleaner hose and Vacuum hose- each about 30 ft long...
Ideas anyone. I am thinking of loops hanging from trees and could send pictures.

manual vac hose can be coiled since you are the one moving the vac head and hopefully you are stronger than coils in the hose and water currents in the pool. The same can't be said for your cleaner! If you leave it in the pool most of the time just lay the hose around the ouside perimeter of the pool area when it's out of the pool. The thing you don't want are small coils or sharp bends.

I also couldn't decide what to do with the automatic cleaner and hose. My hose came in about 10 four foot sections. I ended up getting a rectangle rubbermaid-type storage box and poked holes in the bottom for drainage. I take the hose apart and put it and the cleaner in there when not in use. I thought it would be a big pain to put the hoses together and take them apart every time I used the cleaner but it has not been bad or taken near as long as I thought. Of course, at first I just had to see if it really was bad to coil it up and so I put it in the box without separating the sections. It bent the hose and I was afraid it was going to stay that way, but from then on I pulled the sections apart and they ended up straight again after a few days.

Hi PhotoED, welcome to TFP!!

Nothing wrong with it being in the pool as long as no one is swimming! the hose in the pool with swimmers presents an entrapment hazard :hammer: This still leaves you with the problem of where to put it when people are using the pool :roll:

True the hose does come apart easily...it is in manageable lengths.
I like that idea! I already have plastic storage boxes...holes in bottom to drain are good idea,too.
The auto pool cleaner hose material is slightly different hose than the manual vac cleaner. I do coil the manual vac hose.
The plastic for my "Pool Cleaner" hose is stiffer and I could see how it tends to "stay" in the shape it is stored.
Even the manual said to lie it straight in the sun to get it straight again.
I leave the Auto cleaner in pool most of the time...but sometimes it gets clean!
Also to have Pool Cleaner, I adjust the side suction valve to have more power than the skimmer.
So I like to alternate between side suction and skimmer- to have skimmer action stronger to skim the surface stuff...so off comes the "Pool Cleaner".
Thanks for the ideas...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.