double check my work please

tvw361

May 23, 2016
West Mifflin PA
I started SLAM last week but ran out of reagents. Started back up Friday and I am on fourth day and seem to be at a stand still. I started with very green pool, with lots of leaves and debris in the bottom. I have been checking FC 2-4 times per day, and vacumming/brushing 2 times per day.
PH 7.2
CYA 50
TA 100
CC 0.5 yesterday, this morning barley turned pink so i am guessing less than 0.5.
FC ranging from 17-20, ( started shooting for new target today of 24 incase my CYA reading was off, but I got 50 friday and 50 today.)
I have lost 4-5 FC overnight last two nights.

My guess is I just need to keep running filter, I have been running it 24/7 and cleaning cartridge anytime I notice water flow slowing down, 4-5 a day. image1.jpg

Do you guys see anything else I can be doing.

Last edited:
Keep brushing :)

And brushing some more. Keep chlorine at target as often as possible. Don't bother with PH test as it will not be correct at such high CL levels........sounds like you've got this.

First of all you should rotate that pool 90 degrees so the water doesn't fall out!

Looks like you are going a good job, OCLT shows there is still more work for the chlorine to do.

Definitely stay at it. If your CYA was 50, then your SLAM FC is 20 so keep it there. It you tested your CYA on a cloudy day, the black dot may have disappeared early which means your CYA might be slightly higher. In any case, patience & maintaining are key. Following all the instructions on the SLAM page (link below) are critical to your success as well. Hang in there, you'll get it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.